The Virtual Reality Developers Conference, the premier event for creators of immersive Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) experiences, has wrapped its highly anticipated first standalone event.
Welcoming more than 750 professionals from all over the world, the sold out conference featured a program packed with immersive sessions covering the latest trends and topics within this fast-growing industry.
The event’s unprecedented Advisory Board, comprised of 11 top names in VR, were tasked with reviewing and selecting the very best content for this year’s program.
- More than 750 professionals attended VRDC, with representatives from nearly 30 countries including Japan, UK, France, Mexico, Germany, Thailand, South Korea and more.
- The VRDC Partner Lounge was buzzing with vendors displaying their latest innovations. Key industry players including Google VR, Microsoft, FOVE, Intel, Morph3D, HTC VIVE, Viveport and more displayed their technologies.
- The event’s schedule offered sessions covering government, healthcare, entertainment, retail and more. NASA, The White House, Google, IBM and more led anticipated talks spanning critical industry topics.
- Representatives from major platform holders encompassed the event’s new Advisory Board: Google (Noah Falstein), Oculus (Robert Stevenson), Valve (Chet Faliszek), Sony Interactive Entertainment (Richard Marks), and Magic Leap (Graeme Devine), as well as creators behind experiences like Job Simulator (Alex Schwartz, Owlchemy Labs), Fantastic Contraption (Colin Northway) & VR experience experts like Jazmin Cano (High Fidelity), Timoni West (Unity Labs), Tracey John (Minds + Assembly) & Christina Heller (VR Playhouse).
“After a successful launch alongside GDC, we knew a solo event for the VR community would meet the needs and interests of our dedicated audience – VRDC did not disappoint,” said Meggan Scavio, General Manager, GDC and VRDC. “Our conference hosted an incredible group of professionals spanning different countries, industries, and key companies truly passionate about this booming industry. We could not be more pleased with the outcome of VRDC and are thrilled to grow the events in 2017 on the heels of such successful launches.”
What’s Next for VRDC?
- VRDC will take place February 27-28, 2017 alongside the Game Developers Conference (GDC) February 27- March 3, 2017 in San Francisco. [email protected] will have two tracks covering VR/AR for games and entertainment.
- VRDC will return as a standalone event in the fall, covering innovative VR/AR use cases of all kinds, spanning an array of verticals and industries.